Friday 19 October 2012

Nom Nom Nom

So its been awhile since I updated because New Zealand was such a long post, I took a break. So in a nutshell, weather is warming up, Ive been working more, and school is coming to an end. Its been great living in Australia, Ive had a good time. It makes me wish the semester was longer so I could spend more time here.

Well enough of that, im here to talk about food. Thats right, one of my favorite things to do is eat. Well recently I finally bought my first bit of Kangaroo meat. It was interesting. Its a very red meat and its 98% fat free so the only way to cook it is medium/medium rare. If you cook it well, it dries out.  I marinated the steaks in olive oil, salt and pepper, and rosemary. I served it with sweet potato mash and gravy with asparagus. It was a pretty good meal. The meat though, was really tough. It was pretty good but not tender at all.



Be jealous of my awesome meal. 

Along with kangaroo, I had a chance to have some delicious seafood. It was so good. The day was really nice so Celine, Julia, and I headed down to St. Kilda to hang out on the beach for awhile. The tide was really low so we got to walk way out into the ocean and hang out in the water. Im so excited for the summer to come so I can go swimming in the water!  Sorry to all of you who are dealing with the cold weather and rain. After the beach, we went to a restaurant and sat outside. We ordered this massive tray of seafood, and I mean maaaasssive. On this one tray there was : Calamari, fried scallops, oysters, mussels, shrimps, fresh prawns, fried prawns, salad, avocado with crab meat, watermelon, grapefruit, cantaloupe, strawberries, oranges, a half of a pineapple, topped with a crab. Oh and of course, fries. It was a beautiful site. To say this in the most eloquent way, we destroyed that entire tray. I mean, we ate everything then cut into the pineapple and ate that. Best meal eeeeva. 


Complete carnage 


So even with all the sun and surf, im still missing home because fall is my absolute favorite season and i hate that im missing it. Apple cider, changing leaves, pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, baking cookies, and of course, Halloween! Its my favorite holiday and gotta say, Australia is letting me down. They really dont celebrate Halloween here so it will be a really lame holiday for me. So, to lift out spirits, Julia and I decided to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and watch a scary movie! Ok, so Scream 4, not the scariest of movies I know, but there was slim pickins at the library. 



Check out Betty Homemaker. Needless to say, the cookies were fluffy and delicious. 

I hope you are good and hungry after this post ;).  

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment